Pear, Honey & Cardamom Jam
8 pears – (ripe, but firm) – Wash, peal, core, cube
1 package pectin
2/3 cup Honey
2 tsp ground cardamom
½ tsp ground black pepper
1. Place cubed pears in pot, add a little water. ( Medium high heat)
Allow to stew until pulpy.
2. Add spices and stew until fruit is quite soft and ‘mash’.
3. Add honey and mix thoroughly.
4. Add pectin.
5. Cook mixture at medium temperature for 10 minutes, while stirring frequently.
6. Scoop off any foam that forms on the surface.
7. Lower temperature and cook for another 15 minutes.
8. Add your finished jam to your heated jars.
9. Boil tightly closed jars for 10 minutes to seal them.